Skip to content
- Sourcing its materials from controlled forests and giving a long lifespan to its products with the excellent service provided will make you feeling in the nature in your surroundings.
- Novawood offers FSC , TMT and TSE Certified Products to add value to your homes/projects.
What is Thermwood?
- Thermowood is a thermal modification procedure that preserves wood in its most natural and flawless state for a life-long journey.
- Thermowood method” involves heating wood material to temperatures of up to 212⁰C and preserving it with steam.
- Besides the preservation, Thermowood process also causes certain structural changes in wood.
- The color of the Thermowood changes due to caramelization of glucose inside the wood, while its dimensional stability, decay resistance and durability increase.
- Bending and swelling characteristics of the material are also greatly decreased up to 90%.
- Thermowood method, brand and logo can only by the used by members of the International Thermowood Association.
Advantages & Benefits
- 100% natural.The wood is free from resin and chemicals. No chemicals are used during the production process.
- Ecological.Thermowood products contain no environmental or health hazards. All Products are manufactured from renewable forests, are environmentally friendly, and recyclable.
- Durable.Thanks to its low water absorption, Thermowood maintains its durability in all weather conditions. Low moisture content prevents decay and fungi growth.
- Stable.Thermowood’s bending and twisting characteristics are reduced by %90, compared to ordinary wood.
- Uniform Color.Heat treatment turns the wood into an uniform color. Compared to regular wood, Thermowood also keeps its varnish and paint better.
- Insulating.Thermowood provides 25% more heat and sound insulation compared to regular wood.
- Safe.Thermowood is 30% more fire resistant than regular wood.
- Insect-proof.Thermowood is completely protected from insects due to its low moisture content.